Ask Our Expert
Photos: NAM at the Conventions
Through the NAM's grassroots manufacturing outreach and employee engagement efforts, manufacturers of all sizes are building valuable relationships with policymakers and helping to advance manufacturing policy issues with pro manufacturing legislation. Key programs include:
* The NAM Award for Manufacturing Legislative Excellence, which honors members of Congress for their consistent support of US manufacturers.
* The Annual NAM Manufacturing Summit brings hundreds of manufacturers together with policymakers in Washington to highlight the critical role of manufacturing in creating jobs.
* Plant tours that give members of Congress the opportunity to see manufacturers and their employees at work and to learn how federal policies affect their ability to create and retain jobs.
* The National Public Affairs Steering Committee (NPASC), a group of leading public affairs and government relations executives that helps plan and execute public affairs activities to advance manufacturers' public policy goals.
* Congressional dialogues that bring elected officials together with manufacturers in their districts or states so that they can discuss the pro manufacturing legislation and issues that directly impact the strength of the manufacturing sector.
* Washington Representative Briefings give our members the opportunity to hear from key leaders in Congress and the Administration as well as congressional and Administration staff about current issues facing manufacturers.