Submit your Exporter Experience Video
Video Story Submissions
NAM and Federal partner export promotion agencies are encouraging new and experienced exporters to share advice and best practices with other small and medium-sized manufacturers on their experience seeking global market opportunities. Below you will find a series of questions to guide your input in video submission form. Selected responses will be posted on the NAM YouTube channel to inspire other manufacturers to export.
Thank you for helping spread the word about the importance of exporting for manufacturers in the United States.
Things to keep in mind for your video submission
- NAM and the U.S. Trade Promotion Coordinating Committee (TPCC) partner agencies will determine which videos get posted. Selected videos might appear in agency partner social media promoting exporting and Federal resources to support global sales growth.
- Video submissions should be around one minute in length, no longer than 90 seconds max.
- Video submissions should not include any company logos or advertising of any kind.
- Please start start your video with your name, company, the type of product(s) you export and a brief context on your export experience e.g., percentage of sales exported; number of countries; and/or years of export experience, etc.
- After your brief introduction, start your answer by indicating which question you are responding to, e.g. “The most important lesson we have learned through our exporting experience is….”
- It is not necessary to repeat the question as long as it’s clear in your response which question you are replying to.
- For tips and tricks for recording a high-quality video, see this document.
Please answer one or more of the questions from the list below in your video submissions –
- What was your pivotal moment to say “yes” to exporting?
- Please describe your steps in getting started exporting.
- What’s your best advice for aspiring exporters or firms sitting on the “export fence?”
Navigating and Adjusting your Export Strategy
- What was and how did you overcome your biggest challenge in the global marketplace?
- What federal or state export promotion services have best supported your global sales success?
- Please share any particularly effective strategies you have used to manage recent global supply chain challenges.
- What is one of the largest trade barriers that hinders your ability to export to international markets?
- In which markets are you facing the greatest challenges? Where do you see the greatest opportunity for expanded exports?
- Can you describe how U.S. trade agreements have grown export opportunities overseas?
- What has exporting meant to your competitiveness and bottom line?
- What is your best lesson learned for doing international sales?
- What about your export experience has been most surprising or appreciated?