Manufacturing Leadership Awards Celebrate Innovative Manufacturers
Get the Latest Newssign up here
Last night, the 2020 Manufacturing Leadership Awards Gala recognized some of the most innovative manufacturers in the country, at a virtual event hosted by the NAM’s Manufacturing Leadership Council. The MLC is a global business leadership network dedicated to preparing manufacturers for the opportunities and challenges posed by digitization, automation and technical advancement.
The winners: Presented to individuals and companies in 12 categories, including Sustainability Leadership and Artificial Intelligence and Analytics Leadership, the awards honor world-class manufacturing achievements. You can find the full list of honorees here.
The word from the MLC: “Creativity. Innovation. Excellence. Enlightened leadership. These are the qualities that drive the people of manufacturing to create a better future,” said MLC Co-Founder and Executive Director David Brousell in his opening remarks. “In doing so, they help themselves, their companies and our collective industry improve the quality of life for everyone. . . . All across this country, innovation in manufacturing is on the march.”
Manufacturer of the Year: The MLC honored two manufacturers with Manufacturer of the Year awards: agricultural chemical and seed company Corteva Agriscience, and Humtown Products, which was honored for its work to popularize 3D printing in sand cores. You can check out our profile of Humtown here.
Manufacturing Leader of the Year: This award went to Gerald Johnson, executive vice president, global manufacturing at GM, for his leadership in GM’s pivot to ventilator production in a partnership with Ventec Life Systems, code named Project V.
High Achiever Award Winners: The judges also presented high achiever awards to one winner in each category. Here’s the list:
- Lockheed Martin Corporation in the Artificial Intelligence and Advanced Analytics Leadership category for F-35 Augmented Reality Shop Floor Mobility
- Merck & Co., Inc., in the Collaborative Innovation Leadership category for Digital Fingerprinting
- Humtown Products in the Engineering and Production Technology Leadership category for Commercialization of 3D Printing in the Metal Casting Industry
- IBM in the Enterprise Integration Technology Leadership category for Migrating Supply Chain Quality Workload to Cloud
- Cooley Group in the Industrial Internet of Things Leadership category for Transforming Legacy Machinery into Smart Tech
- Hologic Inc. in the Operational Excellence category for Building a Culture of Operational Excellence
- Starkey Hearing Technologies in the Supply Chain Leadership category for Supply Chain Management Transformation
- The Boeing Company in the Sustainability Leadership category for Diverting Waste to Landfill While Upcycling Excess Airplane Carbon Fiber
- Nexteer Automotive in the Talent Management category for the Manufacturing Engineering Global Talent Management and Training Program