The NAM is constantly working to support and strengthen the men and women who make things in America. That mission is upheld by outstanding members of the NAM Board of Directors and their commitment to promoting the industry’s competitiveness on the global stage—a goal laid out in the NAM’s “Competing to Win” agenda.
Welcoming new faces: A number of new members have been elected to the board and will begin their two-year terms in January. They come from many sectors of the industry and companies both large and small, holding an array of leadership roles and boasting a wide range of experience. All of them are dedicated to ensuring that manufacturers in the U.S. have the tools they need to prosper.
The new members include the following:
- Edward Blair, president, Lutron Electronics Co., Inc.
- Sara Beth Burton, senior vice president, global supply chain, Hallmark Cards, Inc.
- Richard Cammarano, president and chief executive officer, Tech-Etch, Incorporated
- Karl Ehemann, vice president, global manufacturing and quality, Corning Incorporated
- Ed Elkins, executive vice president and chief marketing officer, Norfolk Southern Corporation
- Cynthia Farrer, senior vice president, global operations and integrated supply chain, Allegion plc
- Aimee Gregg, vice president and general manager, containerboard and recycling, International Paper
- John Hartner, founder, Digital Industrialist LLC
- Christopher Kastner, president and chief executive officer, Huntington Ingalls Industries
- Ram Krishnan, executive vice president and chief operating officer, Emerson
- Reece Kurtenbach, chief executive officer and president, Daktronics, Inc.
- Rose Lee, president and chief executive officer, Cornerstone Building Brands
- Thomas Long, co-chief executive officer, Energy Transfer LP
- Michael McGarry, chairman and chief executive officer, PPG
- Lori Miles-Olund, president, Miles Fiberglass & Composites, Inc.
- Christopher Perkins, president North America and senior vice president Taste & Beyond North America, Firmenich, Inc.
- Kimberly Ryan, president and chief executive officer, Hillenbrand, Inc.
- Karin Shanahan, executive vice president, global product development and supply, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Matt Shields, senior vice president, global animal health manufacturing, Merck & Co., Inc.
- Sachin Shivaram, chief executive officer, Wisconsin Aluminum Foundry
What we’re saying: “The diverse backgrounds of our new board members, and their varied experience across many manufacturing sectors, make their counsel invaluable to the NAM in its efforts to bolster the industry’s competitiveness,” said NAM Chief of Staff Alyssa Shooshan. “We are counting on their insights and dedication to help steer manufacturers through this turbulent time and into a position of even greater strength.”